Using the correct methods to wash your face is the foundation for getting rid of blackheads fast. If you ignore this step, or do it incorrectly, then there are no products or medicines that will be able to cure your acne.
That being said, it is easy to get into the habit of washing your face each day. Here is a step-by-step guide for washing your face to get rid of blackheads.
- Gently remove all cosmetics from your face. Use cotton ball or a very soft towel to avoid damaging your skin.
- Use lukewarm water, because using either extremely hot or extremely cold water can damage your skin.
- Avoid strong or harsh soaps/ cleansers. Strong soaps can dry your skin and strip off natural lipids. Choose soap that are mild if you prefer soap, or you can always choose cleansers that are soap- free, non- comedogenic, and mild like Cetaphil, Burt Bee’s or Neutrogena.
- Massage face by gently and always remember to avoid harsh scrubbing. You will not get your face any cleaner by scrubbing hard, and the damage you cause to your skin will make your acne worse.
- Rinse face well to remove all residue of soap or cleanser. Residues left behind can actually clog your pores. Facial cleansers can leave an invisible residue behind which can clog your pores. Rinse your face at least three times.
- at dry with soft, non- abrasive towel. Remember to never rub your face.
- Use an alcohol- free toner on your face. It should make your face feel smooth and refreshed. Astringents and toners with glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acids work the best for toning the face. These acids actually can reduce the pore size, and help avoid ingrown hairs. They are aggressive and have quick results. Remember to look for a product that is not photosensitive (sensitive to light).
- Finish off with moisturizer to replenish the natural oils that has been lost. Moisturizing is a necessity. Again, the product with the least amount of chemical additives is the best. Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing. For an intensive moisture treatment use pure vitamin E, or aloe vera oil. It is available in liquid form, or just break open a capsule and apply the oil directly to the skin.
If you follow these simple sets you will be doing more to get rid of blackheads and prevent acne than 90% of other people. If you follow this routine daily, and use a acne treatment system such as ClearPores, you should have a blemish free face in no time at all